Today, the post’ll have to be in list form because, well, I like lists and I don’t really have much to say.
1) Thira is done. Took less than a week to knit. No pics yet because the weather is being uncooperative.
2) Cast on new project: Kernel scarf (knitty pattern) from the Manos Silk Blend I got for Christmas two years ago from O’s parents. Love it. Adore the yarn. Pattern’s not easily memorized though.
3) The story I started writing last week is almost done. The first draft is done. Now it’s time to refine and edit. I don’t get these writing urges that often any more ever since I started working, but when I do, it’s all I can think about. I don’t even think about knitting! That’s how obsessive I get.
4) This year’s planting has been done. Planted the usual: basil, rocket, coriander, lettuce (two varieties), peas and beetroot. And the experiment plants (along with the beetroot) are strawberries. I’ve given up on tomatoes. Can’t keep ’em alive when I work full time so I’ve stopped trying.
5) Feeling adventurous with my cooking. Will be trying out a new recipe tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. The new recipe is for Pesto Chicken Tagliatelle, the tried-and-true is prawn risotto. Either way, I’m sure it’ll be tasty.
6) Also feeling the urge to bake. Made brownies yesterday when Lucy came over. O really liked them. Now, I’m thinking cupcakes. Just haven’t decided what kind (which probably means that I won’t get any done).
7) We went over to O’s parents’ place yesterday to drop off his mom’s birthday present. His dad said to me: “You know those little bugs that you don’t like?” Understatement of the year. Have discovered I’m waging war on two types of carpet beetle rather than just one. No damage found yet, but spring has only just arrived. I am displeased, to put it mildly.
8 ) At the car wash, one of the guys opens my door (to dry the inside of it), and says: “Hello, love, how are you?” I automatically replied with: “I’m good, how are you?” On our way home, O asked me all amazed: “How can you do that so calmly? It catches me off guard every time someone asks me that.” Guess I’m just used to making chitchat because of work. All phone calls are like at the office.